Local Football

Being a ressie of St Francis Place since moving from the noise pit that is LL, I wondered if any of you guys / gals ever attend the football at Champion Park? Seems that the clubs have some fairly illustrious ex players of one denomination or another. I understand that erstwhile Portsmouth star Peter Crouch once graced the turf there (now playing at some minor North West club I understand).

Anyway, does anyone ever go and what's the footie like?

Adults - ?7.00 Concessions - ?3.00

Kids can sponsor the player's shoelaces for ?1 a go if they want and get their name mentioned in the programme. And as their colours are pink and blue, how perfect is that for a uni-sex toddler's scarf?

Hot News -

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/360734235_bb1211a1af_m.jpg scores two in the first 15 minutes for Charlton Reserves:

Dulwich Hamlet hotshot Chris Dickson made a dream debut for Charlton Athletic reserves on Tuesday night with a brace inside the opening 15 minutes in his side's 5-1 win at Fulham. read more

So, does this mean he's still playing for Dulwich Hamlet? Will he be there on Saturday?

Chuffed as I am for Chris, this doesn't bode well for title challenge during the run in. Especially after a couple of well publicised hiccups like letting a 3-0 lead slip away in the last 14 minutes.

I dunno, Dulwich Hamlets were supposed to be my west ham antidote this season :(

Just got a text from my charlton mate, aagh. Had to happen though I guess. We lost Omari Coleman to Watford, but this fee does blow that one out the water.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

ratty, anywhere but the Vale. Actually I tend to go for a mid-game gary lager in the clubhouse.

Well I suspect he's been brought in to take Bent's place if they go down...... Will be very interesting to see if he gets a game if they stay up. That said, the other Bent is crap, and Hasslebaink won't be around much longer!

Well there are some good players out there, Charlton are also looking at a winger from Gillingham... And who could forget the transfer of DJ Campbell to Birmingham :-S

At least it's nice to see Dulwich getting some money for a young player, rather than paying some washed up fat git to turn out for them! In fact, didn't they have a fat former Charlton player a couple of seasons back?