Hedge planting via Cleaner Greener Safer Fund

ProteusNow

Does anyone have any insights/experience of submitting a successful CGS application for planting a hedge?

Any information on species, ease of maintenance is also welcome.

The intention is to replace a run of fencing that consists of concrete posts and bolted on lengths of weathered planks with a visually appealing and eco-friendly hedge approx one metre in height and 15 metres long.

I have noticed that some of the nearby hedges have been planted around existing structures which are almost concealed by the vegetative growth. A cost consideration perhaps?

Thanks.

Thank goodness somebody is going in the "greener" eco-friendly direction!

Lately it has seemed to me that all around me is becoming a sterile wasteland with no consideration for birds or insects or other wildlife whatsoever, let alone for the wellness benefits of looking at green things rather than buildings and concrete.

Sorry I can't help re the application, but as regards species a mixed hedge (including flowers, berries and other seasonal interest) would be visually attractive and eco-friendly, however it does depend on where it is situated (eg hawthorn is nice, but as its name suggests, thorny! Also it might be hard to restrict it to a metre in height without constant maintenance).

Do you have a photo of the existing fence and its surroundings?

Good luck, and please update as as to how you get on!