Major Works by Thames Water in E Dulwich

the-e-dealer Wrote:

--

>

> Anyone know anything about the Major Works by

> Thames water? letter arrived on sunday.

xxxxx

Well, the letter explained what they were doing and why, didn't it - what other information would there be?

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There see now we have some new known knowns

xxxx

Not sure what ....

The information about the drop-in session and what works are being carried out was in the letter you got on Sunday - the first letter was sent some time ago :)

Not quite sure what the difference is between a drop-in session to answer questions and a public meeting, James? Forgive me for being thick ......

I imagine the difference between a public meeting and drop in for q&a's is that in a public meeting both questions and answers go on the public record and are there for all to see; the drop-in is probably both more discreet and keeps matters discrete in that dealings are kept between Thames and individual persons. Perhaps the latter gives Thames more control over information.

Yes, confidentiality is important to us too, wouldn't want to stop them gaining access to the relevant sites but we'll sometimes need to be away. How do householders predict & ensure security?

& exactly when/where will sewage repairs be going on?

But is there only one drop-in session?

The letter I got said "...we would like to invite you to attend one of our informal 'drop-in' sessions in the area".

And "We will write to invite you to this nearer the time".

It also gave a telephone number to call for any questions in the meantime, with a reference number, and said "If you would like to know more about our work, please visit our website at http://www.thameswater.co.uk/ "

It also said our water supply would not be affected by this work.

The letter was signed by a named person, with his phone number at the top.

I don't have anything to do with Thames Water, but I really don't see how they could have done anything more at all to be more helpful to residents about this.

And if it's going to help stop the huge number of leaks we constantly seem to be getting, with water running down our roads, then as far as I can see it's all good :)

ETA: Thanks to the forum members who don't think I'm thick :)

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It wont stop leaks its Drains they are fixing. I

> know the Clockhouse got flooded a few years ago

> and I'm wondering if its that sort of thing they

> are trying to address.

xxxxxx

Oh yeh, sorry, I see it says "sewers". All water pipes are the same to me :)

For what it's worth, I too recieved the letter and am just glad they are doing something about it. It's been that way for a long time and if it means an interrupted supply then I feel that's a small price to pay for doing whatever it is they are doing. Particularly in light of the rates I am paying I would rather they did something about nothing than nothing about something and I found their whole approach courteous.