Donkey Alley -Bins not collected again

Mabaker

I've lost count of the number of times the bins have been missed down our road. The blue bins have been emptied in Goodrich Road and the surrounding area. I've just done an inspection. From the bottom of Donkey Alley and all the way up, the bins are full. I've reported a missed collection but experience has told me that the report is never acted on.

We have had this problem for close to three months now, we live on East Dulwich Grove & I'm calling the council every week to arrange recollections, even that is not enough as they often just don't come once the recollection has been booked.

I'm going through the complaints process, our complaint has just been escalated to stage two but I'm not holding out much hope, our recycling bins (we have six or seven flats in our building) have currently been sat outside for two weeks.

They even had the front to lie to defend themselves saying our bins were behind a locked gate (they're not, I drag them out myself every Monday) & to say they are contaminated, no sh*t Sherlock, if you don't pick them up on time.....

Had the same problem about untrue information. The last time it wasn't collected my husband managed to catch one of the refuse collectors on following bin day. He insisted that the bin hadn't been left out, even though I'd dragged it there myself. I insisted that it had been there but he would not back down. I could only find the report missed bin page on the council website and no phone number, so no chance to speak to a human being on the phone.

Definitely worth giving environmental services a call (02075252000) and sending an email [email protected]. If all else fails, email the CEO - Eleanor Kelly ([email protected]).

We had a similar situation which resulted in a maggot infestation, so I highly recommend contacting anyone and everyone.

Southwark Council are well versed when being creative with the truth!