Donated items wanted to send to Malawi - please check the list in the message

Elena P

Hi everyone

I wanted to update you all on where we are with the donations for the container to Malawi as many of you are asking.

We've had a fantastic outpour of donations from the Dulwich community - much more than I ever imagined when I posted the add. It's an amazing humbling experience and I want to say thank you to everyone that has been so very kind.

The container is now being filled but we are still accepting donations and I will be updating the list of items according to what we receive over the next few weeks.

Once the container is filled and ready to go, we will need to arrange a crane to lift it off it's current location and transport it to the sea port and all the way to Malawi. As you can imagine this will not be cheap, so AquAid have created a Gofundme page to raise money to pay for the freight costs.

We'd really appreciate if you could share the link below with friends, family and the community so that together we can raise the money we need to ship the container.

Here below is the link & original post with the list of items required. Thank you all very much!!!

Elena

GOFUNDME LINK:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/josie039s-campaign-for-aquaid-lifeline-fund?sharetype=teams&member=5378780&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&pc_code=ot_co_dashboard_a&rcid=f332c033c8604bb9b283511644e9c8b7

ORGINAL POST:

My husband and I support a UK Charity called AquAid Lifeline Fund (www.lifelinefund.org.uk). In a nutshell, AquAid have multiple schools, homes and clinics in Malawi who take care of orphaned children. I?d be happy to provide more details if required.

We?ve purchased a 40? container that is in the process of being filled here in the UK with a large selection of donated goods to be sent to these children. We wondered if people from Dulwich & Peckham may be willing to donate any of items below. Everything listed can be second-hand or new. All we ask is that clothes are clean and everything is fit for purpose. So, here goes.....

Shoes suitable for school

Educational teaching aids inc any for visually and learning impaired children

New exercise books/biros

School lab equipment...in fact anything useful for schooling as they have so little.

Calculators

Backpacks/rucksacks

Craft items for schools, paint, paper etc

Bicycles

Musical instruments...be great to start a band!

Tools - carpentry, metalwork, motor mechanics - all for our student's vocational training courses (large items also accepted)

Workbenches

Ladders

Warm Blankets

Bed sheets

Sleeping bags

Sewing machines - manual or electric

Tailors dummy

Knitting machines and wool

Sports equipment

Football's

Football kits

Football boots

Suitcases - all sizes

Rotavator, poly tunnel, gardening tools

Glasses (these will be checked and labelled by a professional optician)

Rolls of fabric suitable for making into clothes

Job lot of sweeties in little packets.... everyone deserves a little treat now and again so we'd love to include one for each and every one of the children.

Children's clothes:

As for clothes sizes, we no longer need any clothes for children under 5 or adults larger than size 12 (for ladies) or medium (for men).

Should you have anything else you think might be useful...please don't hesitate to contact us.

Huge thanks for reading such long email. :)

Elena & Wes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived