Dulwich Park Lodges

EDDW

Walking today I noticed that both lodges in Dulwich Park are boarded up. I think this occurred some time ago.

Does anyone know what the plans are? It would be a shame for them not to be lived in - either by park staff or possibly let on long leases to private tenants. I'm sure there would be many takers for a well maintained house inside the park.

Just did a quick google search.

Planning permission was granted in 2005 to turn the College Lodge into a Hortcultural training centre. Interestingly the main objecter was the current tenants at the time who objected as they were living in it. Apparently that is not enough to get planning permission refused though. If it is boarded up then I guess they moved out. I have attached the files to this message. Alot of work need to be done on the building according to the documents.

From the Dulwich Park Friends newsletter Autumn 2007:

"Park buildings

We're pressing the Council to reach a decision on making Rosebery Lodge the borough's Warden Centre. However, there is still no word on suitable tenants for College Lodge, and until there is, work cannot start on either building. As the lodges are falling deeper into disrepair, DPF is lobbying the Council for action"

I think that one of the problems with these is that if they do let them out they may be afffected by the 'Right to Buy' legislation (good old Mrs T eh?) and have to sell them to the tenants at a knock down price. I've probably oversimplyfied things but be interested to know if anyone does know that it could be a problem with them.