Random doorbell ringing? (Melbourne Grove area)

PSJ

Hi, has anyone else in the streets around Melbourne Grove had someone randomly ringing their doorbell?

It happened to us just now, annoyingly waking our baby just after we'd got them to sleep.

I rushed out and asked a person walking slowly away if they'd pressed the doorbell. They said no, and then sorry for causing any bother, and then carried on walking away fairly slowly. Young white man, shaved head, quite large, seemed confused.

Wondering it it was just us.

Many thanks

erm, thats probably 9 or 10 year old children having fun. In my day it was called 'knock down ginger'.

Did you really start an annoyed post because some small children played knock down ginger on you? haha.

If i see a young white man with a shaved head i will stop and challenge him about whether he has rung any doorbells recently, and if so- give him what for!

dontbesilly Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> erm, thats probably 9 or 10 year old children

> having fun. In my day it was called 'knock down

> ginger'.

>

> Did you really start an annoyed post because some

> small children played knock down ginger on you?

> haha.

>

> If i see a young white man with a shaved head i

> will stop and challenge him about whether he has

> rung any doorbells recently, and if so- give him

> what for!

If it is children, We called it Bobby Knocking back in the 70s (if it was the whole street it was Bobby Knocking and Hedge Hopping) and the record was a 3 or 4 mile chase. Problem is we picked on the ones who reacted for a bit of fun.

Many people don't answer doors or phones now unless you text first (a millennial thing)- so burglars may find younger people at home.

Happened to us just now, no sign or sound of kids on the street, had our downstairs front window open. Saw the wiry framed excrement eating mother fornicator knock on the door as I was walking up the passage. As soon as they saw someone was coming to the door they ran off, couldn't see a sign of them when I looked outside so they must've run off into a neighbors garden. This was on Crawthew Grove, which had a couple of burglaries some time back.

Our road isn't known for kids messing around on as it's pretty much all babies and toddlers.

my desk is in the front bay window where i can see the doorstep. Twice in the last few months i've been working there and the doorbell has gone off by itself. I reckon the same as Katanita - same frequency as someone else.

Hi everyone, just to say that this happened again about half an hour ago in the Melbourne Grove area. I have the footage on cctv if anyone would like it please message me privately. I caught two young boys knocking on my neighbours door and then hiding behind my wall to see if they would answer, I then went outside and warned them not to continue as its being recorded on cctv. They were slightly surprised and then ran off. Both of them are between 13-15 and wearing black t shirts with shorts.

Flyingspur09 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi everyone, just to say that this happened again

> about half an hour ago in the Melbourne Grove

> area. I have the footage on cctv if anyone would

> like it please message me privately. I caught two

> young boys knocking on my neighbours door and then

> hiding behind my wall to see if they would answer,

> I then went outside and warned them not to

> continue as its being recorded on cctv. They were

> slightly surprised and then ran off. Both of them

> are between 13-15 and wearing black t shirts with

> shorts.

Grrr. You're wasting my CCTV cloud space which I then have to ask Alexa to delete :)

If you act like you care they won't stop.