New scam or genuine? (Telegraph reporter)

lpool

We had a bloke turn up today saying he was from the Telegraph and that they were doing an article on houses turning front gardens into driveways as the council was wanting to stop this practice. He wanted to take a picture from the upstairs bedroom window of our front. My wife declined the request. Sounds dodgy (even if he did have a camera with him) as he could just as easily take a picture from ground level. Anyone else had someone saying they are from the Telegraph.

Could be dodgy, but I understand why he wanted to take it from the upstairs window. It'd look nicer than a plain shot from the front. I'd have phoned his editor. Any journo who was asked that would not have taken exception, if s/he were genuine. Nero

Well East Dulwich has featured in the Telegraph twice in the last few months. Clearly there's a Telegraph writer moved to the area and mining her own backyard so this could be genuine. Sounds like the sort of story the Telegraph would go for in one of their daft supplements

Funny how we say Kosher. I wonder if Rowan is right if in 10 years time we'll be saying 'halal' Telegraph journo?

Back on thread you'd expect s/he to carry an NUJ card. If they didn't flash that first or when asked I'd be a bit suspicious.

10 years ago ED wouldn't feature in the Telegraph unless there was a feature on Sauf London villains in the colour supplement.