>

> - Will you be playing "ironic" Bon Jovi songs

> followed by horrific remix of Sweet Child of Mine

> and Destinys Child?

>

> - Will you serve the worst Mojito in South London

> like Be @ One?

>

Its hard to imagine that they could make a worse Mojito than Liquorish. Their signature version is sugar water (undissolved), vinegar and a sprig of mint. Even when absolutely smashed it was so bad I had to just leave it somewhere. I might have complained but that would have wasted another 10mins of my life getting to speak to someone.

TobyJackson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ...Cocktails are our speciality. We

> have 60 cocktails in our menu and our bartenders

> can make another 20-50 if needed.

Toby - are your bartenders going to actually know how to make all these cocktails properly? Surely limiting them to fewer that they really know might be safer?

In my experience suburban bars mostly make awful cocktails (not just Liquorish). There is more to good cocktail than reading the ingredients off the menu, adlibbing or skipping the ingredients that arent available, putting them in the closest glass to hand, stirring and presenting. Then trying to charge ?7-10.

clive3300 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In my experience suburban bars mostly make awful

> cocktails (not just Liquorish).

Fortunately, East Dulwich is now 'urban' rather than 'suburban' as was unanimously agreed by Southwark Council. Will this help?

Hi Clive,

sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your drink. A lot of work and training goes into making cocktails at liquorish which is why we have have had lots of great independent reviews.

By the way, the owners of liquorish loved Inside 72 and are really sorry to see the place go - good luck guys. And as to the new bar, welcome to the street.

From liquorish

Thanks Liquorish. It's nice to be here!

I assure everybody that our bartenders know every drink 100%. They aren't allowed to make drinks until they do. Their basic training takes 6-8 weeks and they constantly look to learn more drinks in their own time. I and my business partners have worked in cocktail bars for a combined total of 10 years, before we started Adventure Bars nearly 4 years ago. This means we have very high standards so you will get a high quality drink every time. Our mojitos are very good too. I look forward to proving it when we open!

As for our opening, we have decided to start the full refurbishment now so we won't be open any time soon. I will keep anyone updated who is interested in the project. Alternatively, I will be there most of the time during the weeks and will be glad to take time out to say hello.

Toby

• 2 weeks later...

Toby - thanks for letting us know what's going to be happening.

A bar is better than another gift shop or estate agent in my book. I for one will definitely be giving it a go

What's your estimated open date ?