Inside 72 - selling up

macroban

lauriejane2 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A real shame 72's closing - the only decent

> drinking venue in East Dulwich. I fear it's

> another victim of the poncification of the area.

> Do we really need ANOTHER

> bland/pretentious/snotty/sterile wine bar opening

> up around here. Christ, I'm sick of it.

>

> Suggestions would be welcome to the nearest 72

> equivalent around here - good tunes, good crowd,

> dirty toilets!

>

> Matt

don't forget the coolest walls in whole south london

Hi guys

I am the owner/manager of the bar taking over Inside 72. My name's Toby and will be working alongside my colleague Tom. As you already seem to have heard of us, let me introduce us to you properly. Our bars are called Adventure Bar & Lounge. We strive to ensure everybody who visits enjoys themselves in unpretentious comfortable surroundings with good quality music playing in the background. Cocktails are our speciality. We have 60 cocktails in our menu and our bartenders can make another 20-50 if needed. The bartenders are knowledgable, professional and extremely friendly. We will go to great lengths to ensure you enjoy yourselves. We play a whole variety of music covering Soul, Motown, Disco, Dance, Indie and Rock spanning 5 decades.

I am writing here to allow any of you to ask any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting you in the near future.

Toby Jackson

Adventure Bar & Lounge

Toby - thanks for coming on and introducing yourself

it MIGHT be more politic to start another thread about the new bar what with this one being full of people all down in the dumps about an old favourite?? Not your fault or anything I know - and I will of course be along to check out the new place

I guess the most important q many forumites will b wanting to ask is when you're "re-opening" under the new establishment.

No doubt this will be covered on the new thread.

Sean if you happen to see a tipsy Kel walking past 72 a bit later would you mind terribly turning her round and pointing her in the right direction of home? Would be much appreciated :))

Toby wrote to the Forum and asked if was ok to post a message about the Adventure bar (good touch, I know the Administrator always appreciates politeness). He asked about starting a new thread or adding to this one and I suggested the latter, probably best to start a new one closer the time when he can tell us more about what's going to happen. In the meantime he can reassure the regulars that it's not going to be a Wetherspoons or similar and answer any questions.

* doffs cap in deference * ;-)

Toby - as Mark says, contacting the administrator was a nice touch. And I'll still be in to see the new gaff. A question about the new place - are there any plans to expand the space?

But I'll still miss 72..... :(

And the people who sailed in her

And some of the staff

Innit!

Best wishes to the new place and all that, but Lordship Lane isn't a very long "strip", and it already has 2 cocktail places. I liked having something different. Anyway, you will no doubt do a good trade in ED.