Bubble 'n' Squeak Cafe - Selling up

macroban

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Plenty of propertys on the move... is there

> something going on?

A recession perhaps? cash in quickly while enough people prepared to still take a chance.

if that is the case - which of ED's businesses will be most vulnerable to a recession?

High end baby clothes? Smart cooking equipment? Or are the many eateries at risk?

Sorry Nero, but I have to stand up for that parade of shops. The 'Supermarket' is run by a decent bloke who sells just about everything you would ever need. The picture framing shop has also proved very helpful to us with advice and decent service, and I think the Peruvians who run the dry cleaners are great as well. Kids and parents seem to enjoy the ceramic painting cafe at the end too, so all in all it could be a great deal worse (thinking Forest Hill Road).

> A recession perhaps? cash in quickly while enough people prepared to still take a chance.

> if that is the case - which of ED's businesses will be most vulnerable to a recession?

I have raised this question before. I think the consensus was that East Dulwich would not have a recession.

Yes I think that the parade on ED Road is safe - it services the immediate needs of the immediate population and they do that well, Altima Court has 70+ flats just opposite (including mine) and that should help keep things going.

The Green just had a bad rep and restaurants with a bad rep will not survive in ED.

Karter has given us an insight into the specific issues with the cafe. Perhaps a new owner will bring back its success?