-------------------------------------------------------

> Does 3 monkeys count? - Its in Herne Hill, but

> that's only down the road.

>

> PS - if you go onto the time-out website, there is

> an offer for a "Taste-London" card, which can give

> you up to 50% off meals. 3 Monkeys is also one of

> the participating restaurants.

3 Monkeys has gone right downhill in the past 18 months im sorry to say...............its just an ovrpriced curry house now sorry to say

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ha ha ha, no way snorky, something isn't as good

> as used to be? I'm actually shocked to the core.

Good!

'strue though - it not as good as it was maybe 5-6 years ago and the food has more of a curry house feel to it, rather than a apecial night out feel

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Went to Ganapati with a party of 15 last night, and it was as good as ever! People had all sorts including the beautiful Thalis (sp?), duck vindaloo (which I tried, and the duck was lovely, not fatty and greasy like you often get with Chinese meals), a prawn dish, a fish dish (both of which were raved about), and several chicken dishes (including the rather hot one I had). The thing I love is that they don't make their food hot by chucking in more and more chilies and curry powder, it's hot in a tasty way if that makes sense.

Half the group had starters, and we shared several deserts (including the absolutely gorgeous mandarin sorbet!!!), there were a couple of bottles of (very nice) white wine, and quite a few bottles of cobra, as well as some coffees, and the bill for 15 people... ?309 inc service. That's good value in my book.

I've said it many times on here, but Ganapati truly is a quality place! The staff are lovely too, they even put up with several loud Australians we had with us! ;-)

I went to Mirash for the first time in ages on Saturday night, I loved it. I actually quite like the decor, it suits the place. It's a shame so many otherwise decent places suffer from that weird, library-like atmosphere peculiar to curry houses: everything muffled, apart from tinny Indian music, the lights too bright - it can really take the momentum out of an evening. Curry Cabin is one example - great food but I find myself lowering my voice when I eat there, for some reason. Didn't find that with Mirash. Pistachio Club is also a good stab at a curry house with more modern decor, although I always regret eating there the next day.

To be fair, that second review seems really quite harsh. It was New Years eve, of course they were busy and service would be slow. I'm not a huge fan of the place, but it's not the worst on the Lane, and I believe in making your own mind up.

Look at reviews before going to a really expensive place, but when we're talking about going for a curry, I think you should give places a go. Most people love Tandoori Nights, but I've seen one or 2 people on here say they thought it was really poor, so it just goes to show, different folks....

I used to always go to Pistachio, but had a very bad illness after I ate there. It could have been completely unrelated, as I pointed out in a letter to the manager. I never got a reply. Tandoori Nights is good, but a bit cheek-by-jowl for me and there is no more Pakistan beer to be had there. Coriander is good as is the lovely Chandri (!), but I prefer Omrith now. Nero

Not even nearly ED but if you're ever Brixton way, Khan's on Brixton Water Lane is fab. Not much to look at and don't deliver as far as ED (boo) but my fave curry house (so far) in the area. Lots of unusual dishes like Pumpkin Masala mmmmmm. No artifical colours, not to greasy and pretty cheap - what more could you ask for?