Best and worst Indian Restaurant?

Ok, so there are numerous Indian restaurants down LL, but which are the best and worst?

Tandoori Nights gets my No.1 vote (the French girl is so hot as a bonus!). The Coriander is also a favourite, especially for takeaway.

For my worst, I'm still undecided...

Ahem. May I direct your attention here? Thank you.

edit: although whether opinions have changed since then is always open for discussion. And I guess we didn't cover worst. Still, that link makes for a good starting point.

I like pistacchio club, nice and spacious and good food. acedout ( do you play tennis?), by the way the girl in Tandoori nights is not french but from eastern europe. Not nice to say which is the worst restaurant i think.:o)

K

Still can't figure out why Surma was voted the best - very run-of-the-mill, curries were greasy and tandoori was too dry. Service was slow, decor very tatty. In fact, it might get my vote for the worst (although I don't think I've tried them all yet).

I love Tandoori nights, I think it is the best on Lordship Lane. Do they still do that lovely coconut with the pickles that you can put on your papadoms? I think that is the best thing about going there. I know that this is not Lordship Lane, but I am not impressed at all by Three Monkeys in Herne Hill, and Indigo on Rosendale Road is outstanding - if you love curries - which I do.

I used to love Surma but it has definitley gone down hill. I think they are so busy now (they also do a lot of takeaway deliveries) that the quality has suffered.

The Coriander is fantastic. Tandoori nights is also good.

Tandoori Nights get my vote for LL.

However...... God I've said this about 4 times now.... Ganapati in "Posh Peckham" (corner of Bellenden Road and Holly Grove) is an amazing Indian Restaurant!!!! It's not a "curry house" like you'll find on LL with all the usual dishes, but a lovely place with fantastic, friendly staff, that does freshly prepared dishes that are so full of flavour, not packed full of as many chillis as possible to make it hot!

See here for user reviews

(tu)

One downer with ganap - you will utterly stink of fried food when you come out - cos of the proximity of lkitchen etc, you will have to shower when you get home and wash everything youve been wearing

good food tho'

maybe they should supply Asbestos removal contractor paper boiler suits on arrival ?

the exta ?20 in dry cleaning bills does take the pleasure out of the evening, even tho' we sat right next to the front door - as far away as you can get.