weird guy approached my 12 year old today

Today my daughter who is 12 (but looks younger)and her friend (same age) were queuing to get into M&S on Lordship lane to get a sandwich at lunchtime (they were doing school work at her friends house on Upland Rd so it is literally across the road). A strange guy behind them made some lewd comments about them and told the girls they had 'potential'. A guy in front of them told the man to go away and he did.

The man is white, around 6 ft tall, short brown hair, brown eyes (she thinks), a distinctive scar on his forehead and he was smoking.

Can anyone else who has has any other incidents today please get in touch with me? I'm trying to see if he was spotted anywhere else where we can grab CCTV footage as it is really important that the police have an image of him.

This guy is right here in our community so please be vigilant and find a way to explain to your kids to be careful.

I live on Melbourne Grove (close to where it meets Chesterfield Grove with M&S at the end) and saw a man matching this description walking around the area this afternoon (around 3.30pm). The police were attending to an incident on Melbourne Grove and were talking to this man already, so I'm sure they will already have his details. Happy to share more information directly with you WryRye so you can contact the police and inform them with what happened with your daughter.

I also live on Melbourne Grove and I know the person you're referring to. I reported him to the police for his behaviour on Tuesday and he also tried to hijack a motorcycle from a delivery driver.

He's been arrested several times since March for various different reasons. As I was walking to Lordship Lane on Tuesday evening I saw him being restrained by 8 police officers outside Lila's Jewellery shop.

I am happy to share the info privately so just sent me a message if you need to.