The Livesey Museum faces closure

"Money taken from the poorest kids and given to the richest adults, no questions asked.

"Gutless, heartless, incompetent." Nick Clegg March 2008 speech

I posted this in the friends of goose green section to point out that they (the executive) can obviously find money for the 180grand fence, new refurbed play area and 5mill for the ED swimming pool - yet the livesey gets it.

Then my post go deleted ? Either the lib Dems have infiltrated the EDF at admin level or the chinese goverment are taking a keen interest ....so much for saying what you see.

Ok so this is the 4th time i tried to post and it keeps getting deleted. Does anyone elese think that it is a bit rich that they shut the livesey due to funding issues yet are about to spend a load of money on removing the very expensive fence in Goose Green ? It seems very odd that the Livesey gets the chop yet spending in ED carries on regardless.

"Money taken from the poorest kids and given to the richest adults, no questions asked.

"Gutless, heartless, incompetent."

That is a quote from Nick Cleggs speech yesterday, obviously about other issues but to me it does seem to relate to some of the decisions taken in Southwark - Every time I post this it gets taken down and i get accused of hijacking the Forum. last time i looked a forum was defined as such.

"A public meeting place for open discussion."

We should have gone for a judicial review, i wish i had known we could.

CWALD's post says you have three months to launch a JR from the date of the decision which I would guess is 20 Feb. If the friends are interested I'm sure that it would be possible to raise 400 quid if there was an indication it might succeed - maybe the council minutes might give a clue? My knowledge of the relevant law has already run out though.

Whilst it may be a different thread, I live in ED and I am utterly disgusted by the use of my money to remove Goose Green fencing.

• 4 weeks later...

This was just on the Popbitch newsletter... so not sure how true it is...

-----------------------------------------------------

Livesey Museum for Children has been shut by Southwark

Council. Rio and Anton Ferdinand's mum is a big

supporter, so Southwark residents are hoping the

footballers get behind the campaign to keep it open.

-----------------------------------------------------

i also think that there is some sort of challenge around the capacity of the council to sell the property as it was suggested that they do not actually have unfettered ownership rights - rather they hold the property on trust

doubt that this'll be successful however

• 2 weeks later...