-------------------------------------------------------

> Ah I remember the chicken shop, the chicken was

> bloody awful, BUT they did great pizza for a

> pound! (well as great as any pizza for a pound is

> going to be). We were regular visitors when 3 of

> us were sharing a flat on Barry Road and drinking

> ourselves almost out of work! Happy Daze! :)-D

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

But there was another great pizza place up the road (Northcross Road) which they tried to put out of business, and succeeded, that was SO BAD :( The people in there were so sweet :) and it was great value pizza, and where are they now????

Nero Wrote:

> Well, well, well. Here's little old me, waxing

> lyrical about how cute and wholesome I thought the

> Drum was, with its great sarnies, good beer and

> accommodating staff. Talk about innocent abroad.

> All the while it was a steaming den of iniquity.

> Nero

I know - I was thinking the same, Nero!

we used to love that pizza place - it was called chilli pizza - but they got chucked out because they didn't pay the rent for months - then they came back and did the same thing all over again - it was v handy having them there and it would be great if there were a pizza parlour again or an ice cream parlour - or indeed an ann summers - do they do an NCT discount??

I have to say sorry to you sweetchicken. I was too quick to judge the drum's neighbours and I had wrongly assumed that the complaints were from one household - hence my 'people who like to complain' comments. I've been on the end of zealous and fanciful complainants but that's no excuse to lump all the drum's neighbours into one group.

As for a replacement business, if it's down to a choice between Ann Summers or good Pizza I'd opt for the later every time.

(edited to remove an extra word)

AnotherPaul do we not have enough bloody eateries in ED now? The last sexy lingerie shop was replaced by the pricey William Rose and now I have to travel to Bromley to go to my favourite shop. Bloody pizza, why dont you make cheese on toast and have done with it at home. Just as filling and not even a quarter of the price!

Louisa.

Nero sweety pie, Welsh Rarebit is my speciality and I would be happy to set up a stall on Goose Green. I bet I could fill everyone up without ripping them off (eg most pizzarias). Want to help me cut the bread?

Cassius, I would love to see Ann Summers replace The Drum, ideal location. I'd also love Somerfield to become M&S simply food and it would be great to have a pie and mash shop along the lane somewhere. Whilst i'm on the topic of what I want, I would like to see Kennedys resurrected and open up a sausage shop somewhere locally. I cant go without a lb of Lincolnshires from Kennedys forever.

Louisa.

Brendan Wrote:

> Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Who was that perpetually drunken Canadian that

> > used to hang out there?

>

> FloatingOnion gets upset when people mistake him

> for a Canadian.

I don't read the forum for a few days & the Aussie ends up defending me! ;-)