Ralon Stationers - selling up

TJS

I scoff, Sue, but no doubt I'll end-up in there on Christmas Eve, desperation in my eyes, handing-over good money in exchange for the leaping mackerel ashtray with detachable dorsal fin for the storage of one standard-sized matchbox.

• 10 months later...
I would sadly have to agree - There has been no planning applciations to change its current class.....looking at the current trend i would guess towards somekind of shop for young mothers / kids shop.........

I don't want to see LL ending up like any other boring high street with bookies, pound shops and fast food joints and nothing else. I know many on here would be glad to see the back of the 'tat shops' but I like the independent boutiques and veg shops.

Let's hope the space becomes something useful yet stylish (slightly tongue in cheek that last comment).

I've lived in ED for eight years and have never been into the Ralon stationers - does not everyone get their stationery for work???

I'm not sure we need anything else on the lane, maybe another fried chicken shop, I went into one of those on New Years Day and gosh it hit the spot, grease everywhere, very nice, first time i've been in that one in eight years too but now I have got the taste for it I intend making regular trips, although I did find myself going in there hoping noone would recognise me, as if it was a guilty pleasure.

Anyway I guess the space is too small for M&S, so what about an Agent selling Estate Agents shops, that would be ironic.

Mick Mac - could you supply all of us with stationery?? :)

Not all of us work with free stationery on offer at our workplace, or maybe don't work but still need bits and bobs.

While not a fan of Raylon (haven't had problems with them but always seems a strange atmosphere there) think what they offer can be useful.

AcedOut Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good riddance to the man! (see previous threads

> on the man that runs the place)

>

> ?550k seems like a bargain for that location.

xxxxxx

He's always been very pleasant to me, and so has everybody else in the shop.

I will be sorry to see it go, personally - it's been really useful to have a stationers within walking distance.

I agree. It is not a WHS-type place but a proper stationer's/art stationer's, a bit like the one in the Village, and I think the last one in LL/NCR? It is hard to see what could take over the premises that is not already available at several other shops around ED, so in that sense LL is going to lose some of its character.

AcedOut Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good riddance to the man! (see previous threads

> on the man that runs the place)

>

> ?550k seems like a bargain for that location.

550k was for a lease not freehold. The other shop under offer will apparently be a barbers shop.