Americans in East Dulwich???

Hi

Just looking for fellow Americans living in East Dulwich. Not that I prefer Americans, just that I am involved in the political process (US presidential primary) and hoping to meet up with others also interested in the movement to change

American politics.

There's a website where US citizens living abroad can register to vote and also there are lots of meetings going on to support the various candidates (I am going to one this Wednesday evening). Drop me a note if you're interested.

Shosh :)

Democrats Abroad are hosting a primary and town meeting tommorrow - I went last time around and it was great fun - and good to be part of the democratic process. Check out there website for more details of venue and place - you'll need to bring your American passport with you to gain entrance.

I'll be going to the town hall meeting and voting in primary tonight, 5 Feb. Here is the website link in case anyone couldn't find the relevant info: http://www.democratsabroad.org/node/4397

Will try to make the Obama supporters meeting on Gloucester Rd tomorrow, 6 Feb, too.

I've lived outside of the US for most of my adult life (and, as an adult, have never been in the States during a presidential election year). This will be my first time voting. Embarassing. But I can sleep at night knowing that my home state has gone democrat in the past two G.W. Bush wins. Thanks for the post. I noticed it just in time... otherwise I'd have missed today's primary vote.

-M

dear misi

i am driving from east dulwich to the obama meeting tomorrow so let me know if you need a lift. there are three of us going in my car and we are departing around 6.30. maybe you will already be in town and going straight there?

in any case, if you want a lift home find me at the meeting.

best,

shosh

Welcome Colonials!

For the land of the free you dont half seem to make a meal of elections - this Presidential thing seems to be taking as long as one of your "Football" games - do the adverts make it longer than it otherwise would be?

Get yourselves a Monarch - no farting about with expensive campaigns, just a cheap way of ensuring that the dynasty stays at the top of the shop - which is what you chaps do really - Bush clan, Kennedy clan, Clinton clan (?).

When are ou going to get a President that has the balls to stand up and say "Lets stop shooting each other - we dont actually need to own guns anymore" ?