Jennings road nearly burgled

Hi,

Just to let our neighbours know we had someone try to break in to our house on Monday night at about 1.30am. Fortunately our dog growled at the back door so we went to see what was going on and saw someone rattling the handle and staring in the window. Even more fortunately, they ran off. On further investigation, the police have said it looks like a few attempts might have been made on sat and sun night, judging by the state of the lock.

Just want to let you all know to be extra vigilant when locking up at night. We are mid terrace so not easy to access.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just goes to show that living mid-terrace isn't much protection against folks accessing the rear of your property. I'm on Landcroft, and always assumed it would be near-impossible for someone to hop over two fences to get to us. Guess that proves me wrong!

Same goes for 1st floor windows, which can also be surprisingly easy to access. Most back gardens feature enough equipment to give someone a hand (spare ladder, tools from shed, outdoor table, etc).

Glad you weren't actually burgled, and thanks for the info.

Yes, thanks for the update yeknomyeknom. This is a good warning to ensure we are all vigilant and remember the mid-terraces are not as hard to access as we may all think!

Agree with ianc too - this is made even easier if you live in the 2 bed terraces with a back extension!

Years ago when I lived in Jennings Road I got the fright of my life when the police knocked on our back door! We were about halfway along the terrace, they we're looking for someone who was apparently in the gardens somewhere and knocked out of courtesy as they hopped over fences.

It made me very conscious to be careful about keeping the back door locked when I wasn't in the back of the house (this was mid morning).

Very pleased to hear they didn't actually get in, must have been scary to see someone outside your door though :(