East Dulwich to Greenwich on Foot or Bicycle?

Jenni

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone walks or cycles to Greenwich from East Dulwich? I googled the map and I think it is just under three miles there - going to be studying in Greenwich and I'd much rather walk or cycle if possible! Any info gratefully recieved.

Also - does anyone know of a job forum specifice to East Dulwich/surrounding areas?

cheers

Jenni

The best cycle route is to head down towards Nunhead along EDR, and then do a right at the traffic lights and head up over the speed bumps past Nunhead cemetary and then over the bridge into Brockley. Then head over a few mini roundabouts near Sharellows RD past a used car place on a corner then do a left at the top and head towards the lights and Friendly Street. Very scenic route indeed. This takes you down to the bottom of Friendly then swing a left past the old lunatic asylum and head past Lewisham College campus near the Docklands light railway and then another left at the next set of lights and down towards Greenwich at the bottom of the RD.

Louisa.

If you take the main roads (Evelina, then the one way system around New Cross, and turn at Deptford, it only takes about 15 minutes. You can also go via Telegraph Hill, but that's, well...a hill. Route on the cycle map.