BBC Channels disappeared! (i have re-tuned)

marklyall

Hi all,

since the digital switchover, I've been unable to get any of the BBC digital channels on my freeview, despite re-tuning several times. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Another resident of Hayes Grove near ED station has mentioned the same problem, so potentially it's localised to us only, but keen to know if anyone had this issue and has resolved it somehow?

TV is 3 year old samsung, and it picks up all other channels fine, so know it's nothing to do with the tech.

thank you!

Mark

From beeb freeview checker:

Crystal Palace - No problems -

Alexandra Palace - No problems -

No planned maintenance either, channels being transmitted

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/postcodechecker/main/display/detailed/se229ea/NA/0

Are you in a dip? Could be you're vulnerable to atmospheric interference, THere is high pressure over the uk at the mo

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/surface_pressure.html

http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/tv_interference.htm

I had the same problem (disappeared BBC channels - but pre-switchover) - I found that my scart plugs weren't firmly seated - this appeared to impact the BBC channels but not others, curiously. I pushed them firmly in and got the channels back. (I assume you connect a freeview box to your TV via scart). Also make sure the aerial (co-ax) is firmly connected to your friewview box, and that is linked to your TV (scart only is meant to work - don't entirely trust that).

Are you able to check the reception data for each multiplex, or to try tuning any one manually? Your problem, I assume, is with Mulitplex PSB1/BBCA, which uses channel 23, 490.0 MHz, with all the others getting detected ok. http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TQ339712 Can others using the communal aerial pick it up?

The only post-switchover problem I've come across that affects only one multiplex is the slight frequency change of multiplex COM6, to 529.8MHz. Some freeview boxes, including an old Goodman of mine, can't cope with its no longer being an exact 8 MHz step from the surrounding channels But that's not the case with PSB1.

PS. I've just remembered experiencing the same problem with a Medion freeview box.. I eventually found that it had successfully detected the signal, but rather than assigning the stations local numbers 1, 2, etc for selection, matching their EPG entry, had placed them much higher in the range, possibly the 300s or the 800s. So do have a flip all the way through your stored channels in case they're hidden away somewhere. If so, it may be possible to move them to their usual locations.

• 2 years later...

So just got a new free view receiver and lo! It doesn't work properly out of the box. Channel 23 (all bbc including CBeebies) isn't working. Everything else is "strength 10" so I don't think it's the arial. Any suggestions gladly received

Thanks

Mike

• 2 months later...