Parking on Abbotswood Road

The outcome of the meeting last night is as follows; The meeting was informed that the traffic lights, turning right from Edgar Kail Way down the hill have been rephased by Transport for London (TfL) from 10 to 20 seconds, which is good news. Traffic officers believe this will have a significant effect on reducing the backing up of traffic exiting Sainsburys. It was also agreed that a mini rounndabout would be installed at the notorious junction with Sainsburys entrance, to at least try and improve the "right of way" for Abbotswood Road residents. This will be on a temporary basis only and the Council will monitor traffic here, and if it does not improve things, it will be reviewed.

There was quite a lot of buck passing going on - for example Sainsburys, and the Council's traffic team should have foreseen the problems that might have been caused and got TfL to rephase the lights during the first planning application. The parking on the slip road remains a bit up in the air - I told Sainsburys outside the meeting its not good enough just telling their staff not to park there - they have to demonstrate to all concerned they have made adequate provision for their employees on their own site, which would be good for the staff as well.

As previously stated I'm not a ward councillor here and was not able to speak at the meeting - Cllrs Veronica Ward and Peter John were present and did speak. I agree with them that its been a pigs ear from beginning to end but this at least represents a first step to helping residents rather than Sainsburys customers.

I thought the lights were better! It's taken me less than half an hour to get out of there over the last week or so which is amazing!

Thr roundabout does not bother me too much because I just push my way out now and threaten anyone that gets in my way (I am a big fella) but the parking on Abbotswood is still very dangerous as most people seem to think it is a race track and zoom up there at 30 odd mph! :(

Speed Bumps and a stinger would be a suggestion!