Southwark council recycling and waste collection

It's been like this for probably near on a year (longer in some parts of the borough that were in the pilot scheme). We are a family of 5 and it works well for us, food/garden waste is taken weekly and the other bins fortnightly (a different one each week).

Email Veolia at their new recycling site on the Old Kent Road. Ian McGeough I think is the name of the man you need to aim for. If everyone told them what they need and the fact that people would have to stop recycling if they don't collect regularly enough, Veolia would have to do something about it, as they have targets to hit.

I suspect their standard answer to insufficient bin space will be to request additional bins. That's what we were told; if we're filling them up too quickly for fortnightly collections, the recommendation was to as for extra bins. It's a shame, as the front of our house is now lined with four of the damned things.

Fortnightly recycling isn't enough for us either. I'm in a house that's been divided into three flats (five people living across three flats) and I've had to skip recycling weeks entirely because the only blue bin is too full with my neighbours' stuff. We have absolutely no room left on the forecourt for another bin or any household recycling boxes and we can't feasibly get rid of our green or brown ones to make space.

So yeah, more frequent recycling would be nice...

These words are not an opinion about recycling as organised in Southwark at the moment only a suggestion to this post and others like it:

What if you walked down your street on the day your bins are collected when you have "overflow" and used an underfilled bin in front of another house. These bins aren't owned by a house they're used for recycling. I'm not suggesting filling someone else's bin before they've used it. I'm saying, on the day when a bin's been used by its allocated househould, then use it for your extra. Is there some huge moral problem I'm missing with this idea?