The Grove Vale urinal

I believe that's a narrow body 9.6 litre Associated Equipment Company (AEC) Regent III RT bus. Very similar to a Routemaster.

They were notable for their shit suspension and drunken lean.

Look at these pissed bar stewards:

That means it could be wartime (post 1938), but that would be quite a fluke - only 150 were produced before 1946.

So probably late 40s.

Edited to add...

The railway sign is promoting Southern Electric, but the railways were nationalised on January 1st 1948, whereupon Southern Electric branding was dropped in favour of British Rail (Southern).

So the percentage odds for the date on this is between 1946 and 1947, with a bias to the latter end of that period (based on the odds of a Regent III RT making it to East Dulwich).

I'm not sure there would have been any hurry to replace the Southern Electric wording. It was still accurate and informative after Southern Railway became Southern Region. I think I may remember the phrase myself, from the 50s or even later. And here's a photograph of Reading Station, said to have been taken in the 60s, that still has Southern Electric. http://www.semgonline.com/location/reading_01.html

They don't seem to be working in line with the tracks & the area of works does seem to stretch on back under the bridge, to where the bus stop is now.

But judging by the high tech kit & the large number of chaps beavering away, I still recon they will be finished far far quicker than the wastes of space & leisurely set of sloths currently working at the lights by Alleyn's.