> - "Err, England"

> - "Ah, of course you are, but your folks?"

> - "They're English too"

> - "Sure they are, but where in Ireland are they

> from?"

>

> In the end I risked mumbling something like

> "Athlone" and he was satisfied with that, allowing

> us to scuttle into a corner and cower a bit!

That was me El Pibe. Sorry about that.

A few months ago I was in the EDT watching football when a bloke came up to me and demanded know the time and if I was from "round here" - old-skool, football awayday style.

I started to tell him to politely go away, but as soon as he heard my accent he quickly changed saying something like "oh yeah, no, I can hear where you're from...sorry mate."

He then went on to rant about "all the f@@King film producers that live round here now" before moving onto someone else.

El Pibe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The TV in the Castle broke and there was a Wexford

> game on.

> Luckily the TV in the Castle has since been ok.

It sounds like you have fallen into bad company ;) . I used to go to all the Irish bars. I married an English girl and now Irish pubs seem to be off the agenda. But hey, we both have a Rory. :)

herrd Wrote:

> As for keeping warm in the winter/while smoking, I

> suspect a gaggle of disgruntled former regulars

> may well go and torch the place when they hear of

> the ?4 scotch eggs...

xxxxxxx

Well they can go to some cheap shop, pay - what? under a pound probably? - and get some vile egg covered in mainly rusk with a tiny bit of pork hidden somewhere in it, or they can pay four quid and get a gourmet egg covered in black pudding .....

Or they can go to a chippie and get a pickled egg ....

They'll probably complain that the beer doesn't have a strange off taste, as well .....

Jeremy Wrote:

> Seems about par for the course. Cheaper than the

> chorizo scotch egg at the Victoria Inn.

I absolutely love the new Cherry Tree!! The new managers are fantastic and very welcoming. 12 of us booked a table last Sunday to try out their Sunday lunch! I've to to say its by far the best & most delicious roast I have eaten in ages... Apart from my own ! I ordered the slowly cooked pork belly roast! Delicious my partner hd the beef , he really enjoyed it! Really nice crowd the sun was beaming all day which helped.

Im looking forward to popping along again with more friends next Sunday. Staff were great, I think it will take a while to fill up but by far the nicest bar is ED! About time!

se22crop Wrote:

> Went there recently and liked the makeover inside

> the pub itself but seemed nothing had been done to

> improve the Gents toilets. Sort it out please,

> update sinks and taps, lick of paint, and sort out

> toilet seat (or lack of)

Did you notice if there was any hot water in there? No hot water in the Ladies although it looked up to date decoration wise. I find it hard to believe it's kosher to not have any hot water in a toilet? Hygiene?