Slug Infestation

Clare11 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Walked into our bathroom to find a two and a half

> inch slug sleeping on the wall this morning.

> Straight down the toilet he went.

> Apparently a joy of living in a basement flat.

> Outdoors I don't mind, indoors is awful.

Wouldn't it have been kinder to put him outdoors?

What harm was he doing?

Live & let live!

• 2 weeks later...

They are dreadful horrible creatures that wiped out my entire seedlings in my 2 greenhouses this year, I drown them too and i use the salt border around where my plants are.

Broken up egg shell is also a good deterant they dont like the sharpness of broken shells .

Ive become a mass snail killer, I found the largest slug ever in our garden clean up, it looked a bit furry and was so long and fat YUk it nearly gave me nightmares

Kill Kill Kill and Me too have no remorse what so ever , sorry my garden is my passion and who or what ever destroys all my hard work Will be exterminated HEHE

salt, crushed shells, coffe grounds all that stuff is ineffective - best way to get rid of slugs

night time slug hunt with torch then cut in half with a swif chop of a trowl and leave for the birds (they are normally gone by morning.

Or, put out takeaway trays sunk into the ground so lip is at ground level and fill with beer or cider.

the slugs cant risist the smaell and drown. Personally the I find the first less traumatic as emptying the trays is gisgusting.

wow, i hope no one from the RSPCA (or its equivalent for creepy crawleys) is following this thread. I'm beginning to suspect that the inhabitants of ED are a bloodthirsty lot.

Does anyone have a full proof method for getting rid of mosquitoes. I was bitten twice yesterday.