Fridge freezer

Normaleed

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Are there any Celia Hammond volunteers local to SE22 Underhill Rd?
    • Zeret is amazing, run by wonderful people make sure you have the coffee ceremony at the end as well 
    • I'd recommend just using the Hub's website to get caught up on this. I'm not sure why it wasn't posted at the very beginning because it is always best to go to the source especially since the original poster just copy/pasted directly from their news: https://carnegielibraryhub.org.uk/the-carnegie-library-hub-is-at-a-difficult-juncture/ The older EDF posts look irrelevant to the issues the Hub is having with the council since the main issue stems from a decision from the council in 2023. It doesn't look like the council is shutting down the library, but revising the library's operators terms, which then has prompted the operator to determine it'd be better to shut down than continue on? Their 3 main points of contention don't mention the council kicking them out, but rather reducing their scope within the building. "Consequently, the trustees and team have decided that, with Lambeth as a principal stakeholder and with the new restricted terms of tenancy which Lambeth appears unwilling to materially negotiate on, we are not able to fulfil our charitable objectives and have no choice than to set a timetable for an orderly close. We have informed all of our partners that we no longer have secure tenancy and will be closing by the end of December 2024 unless we can urgently agree terms that foster success for community use aligning with our charitable objectives."   "new restricted terms of tenancy" doesn't equate to "we no longer have secure tenancy". To me this reads as they're fed up and would rather close down due to their frustrations. That seems fair enough to me, but I think they should just say that, since it's how the entire thing reads to me. I've been to the library loads of times with my child for parties and school events. It's a lovely place and it would be better if the Hub could continue as it is, but this also gives me the vibe that if they can't have it their way then they'll shut down entirely.
    • Today: 'TODAY people are taking action for Palestine in cities, towns and villages throughout Britain to demand that the government stops arming Israel. Will you join your local action? - https://palestinecampaign.org/events/day-of-action-for-palestine-stop-arming-israel/ Next Saturday:
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In