music event peckham Rye Park

If you have to work on Mondays then your Sundays are sacred- not just for you but for anyone who would suffer if you could not do your job properly on Monday having been denied adequate r and r at the weekend. If you had had prior warning of a noisy event then you could have made plans to go somewhere else. This sounds like total inconsiderate behaviour by a group of people who think they can set up in a public place in a residential area. It is not on and should not have happened the way it did- one Sunday or 10 it makes no difference. What would happen if we all did it?

Well life dosent stop just because people have work. What is the big deal??

A group of people?? These people want to hold an event that was given permission from the council. The money raised goes straight back into the community to keep youngsters of the street.

I'm sure you don't want youngsters hanging around outside your house do you?

These group of people are doing a good thing.

I wonder how all you miserable people help raise money for the community?

You guys really need to get a life. There's so much more important stuff going on than an event playing music in the afternoon!

I think he protesteth too much. I live 30 (walking) seconds from the adventure park. I could hear it loud as you like and it made me smile. I even had a walk over to see what was going on!

Calling the noise people is a bit mean, I reckon.

It is unfortunate that some of you for whatever reasons were unable to enjoy the family fun day. Happily my family did. I did not know anything about it before hand either. We heard the music as a gentle rumble from the Boys Academy side when we were out walking in the park at about 11am. We made a game of tracking down the source of the music and were pleasantly surprised by what we found. I paid my ?4 entrance fee, very pleased it wasn't a private party and and the two kids and I (9 months and 3 and a half years) had a great time. Folk were friendly, the music was not too loud as long as we did not stand directly in front of the speakers. I called my wife and we had lunch and spentthe rest of the afternoon there. Great way for me to meet and to talk to other young families and young people. I made a point of congratulating the staff there for putting on such a well organised and pleasant event. The staff/stewards were friendly and helpful, and present in good numbers. I went to one of the stands and had my blood pressure and blood sugar checked, whilst my older kid had the time of her life on a bouncy castle.

ED - NAGAIUTB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd far rather put up with some noise during the

> daytime, than the racket my neighbours and their

> child make at 7:30am every Saturday and Sunday

> morning - without fail. That has a far greater

> effect and the quality of my R&R come Monday

> morning.

Ha ha . Well said. One of the big reasons I moved from my previous abode was the hideous caterwauling from the kids next door at 0600 every freaking morning - including my sacrosanct weekends. Lovely kids, but jeeez....

nunheadbelle Wrote:

> Just a question, do people complain when we have

> the Irish Festival in Peckham Rye Park every

> year?

> By the way, I love and look forward to the Irish

> Festival too, with their 'loud music' and Irish

> dancing and all things Irish :D

But it's not on anymore.

jctg Wrote:

> nunheadbelle Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Just a question, do people complain when we

> have

> > the Irish Festival in Peckham Rye Park every

> > year?

> > By the way, I love and look forward to the

> Irish

> > Festival too, with their 'loud music' and Irish

> > dancing and all things Irish :D

>

>

> But it's not on anymore.

It's not on anymore?

Didn't it take place this year? I was away so thought I had mmissed it. It's a shame if it has stopped, it was a fun day out for every, Irish or not.

Here's some diddly dee music to remind you of the fun everyone else had LOL http://www.southwarkirish.com/images/webclip_05_fest.wmv

the-e-dealer Wrote:

> Used to hate the diddly dee music all afternoon,

> it was always a rather low quality festival but it

> was only once a year so I never complained.