Crime rate down in ED?

timtim

Where are the raw data?

I don't know which data the Lib Dems or the OP are referring to, but there's some useful stuff at the Neighbourhood Statistics website which shows a downwards trend of certain notifiable offences such as Violence against the Person.

I don't know enough about the subject to understand if this reflects a drop in crime (as claimed) or a drop in the number of offences that count as "notifiable" for these purposes:

http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadTableView.do?a=3&b=276770&c=SE22+0AQ&d=13&e=3&g=345119&i=1001x1003x1004&m=0&p=8&q=1&r=0&s=1201536265921&enc=1&dsFamilyId=904

James Barber is, according to his blog, interpreting the Met data,

The Met have "mislaid" the relevant data:

"The Crime Figures pages are currently unavailable due to technical problems. We are working to resolve these and will restore access to the Crime Figures website as soon as possible."

For clarity I found the data on the Metropolitan Police website:

http://www.met.police.uk/crimestatistics/

I saved the data as an excel file and spent Sunday evening reviewing what I found.

The three East Dulwich cllrs Richard Thomas, Jonathan Mitchel and myself will feed the stats into conversations with the East Dulwich Safer Neighbourhood Team and what they think we need to help find money for to help further reduce crime levels.

Do the current crime figures reflect the numbers of school children who get mugged on a daily basis coming home from school? Most parents report them, but does it depend on what is stolen from them? If money is stolen and not a mobile phone, is this part of the statistics?

gerry Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do the current crime figures reflect the numbers

> of school children who get mugged on a daily basis

> coming home from school? Most parents report them,

> but does it depend on what is stolen from them? If

> money is stolen and not a mobile phone, is this

> part of the statistics?

How would that work statistically when it is a fellow school pupil that's guilty of the "mugging" and would that indeed relfect or change statistics on bullying?

How accurate are the statistics in the first place? :|

Gizzy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Kford,

>

> Cant really see the point as there is little to

> nothing i can tell them other then it must have

> happened on Friday or Saturday night. If it

> happens again im going to sell the bloody car!

>

> Giz

Giz, a policeman once told me that one should report every crime, however small and however remote the chances of detection. It stops politicians claiming the crime rates are down and means the police can apply for more resources and manpower. (tu)