what time is the torch going thro peckham?

Re: Timings for Torch route along Peckham High St/Rd on 26 July

Posted by Applespider July 22, 02:56PM

It's not that hard to find the street by street timings around. The BBC torch site has them - and lets you know if it's on schedule on the day...

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Be warned - crowds tend to start gathering at least 30 minutes beforehand. I think the points listed here are the actual torch 'kisses' where it's busier but you do get to see it for longer than when it's just going past.

10:30 Old Kent Road A2

10:41 Trafalgar Avenue B215

10:47 Sumner Road B215

10:52 Peckham Hill Street B215

10:56 Peckham High Street A202

10:57 Peckham Road A202

11:00 Lyndhurst Way

11:00 Harris Academy at Peckham

11:57 Lyndhurst Way

11:57 Peckham Road A202

12:05 Camberwell Church Street A202

12:09 Lambeth

12:09 Denmark Hill A215

12:10 Coldharbour Lane A2217

12:30 Acre Lane A2217

Been & gone. As one shopkeeper said, the last time it was this busy was during the riots.

Imho, good vibe, happy clappy flag waving, kids with their excellent home made flames, friendly smiling police, clean streets and empty odourless bins plus sunshine all of which pleased pretty much everyone - even the local curmudgeons. Win win.

stacey-lyn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Been & gone. As one shopkeeper said, the last time

> it was this busy was during the riots.

xxxxxx

Perhaps a somewhat unfortunate comparison :)