Lordship Lane closed both directions at Dulwich Library

Air ambulance landed on lordship lane estate at around 2.30pm. As it physically landed in the middle of the estate I don't think this is the cause of road closure at plough.. It has now gone, as of 4pm. Walked over to the shop and was out on the estate, traffic was still moving up lordship lane both ways throughout incident. Is it open again now?

jane1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> it looked like a pretty bad accident, the person

> on the bike was in a bad way, i hope they are all

> right. does any one know, if they are all

> right.........?

sadly, apparently not if it's the same accident on this thread http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,926229,927635,page=2#msg-927635

jane1 Wrote:

> it looked like a pretty bad accident, the person

> on the bike was in a bad way, i hope they are all

> right. does any one know, if they are all

> right............

xxxxx

On another thread here somebody has posted that two people died and two were seriously injured in an accident on Lordship Lane today, unfortunately.

I don't know whether that is referring to the same accident, or whether that information is accurate.

Very sad news if so.

ETA: Sorry, post crossed with the one above.

I was walking home this afternoon due to the buses terminating at goose green, passing the accident I was shocked and amazed at people standing looking at the accident and taking photos and videos on their phones. What has the world come to? I commented to a few people 'why are you taking photos' "why not" was there reply.

I hope no one was hurt due to the accident.

im glad it wasnt just me that thought that as well, elephant i had to walk past the same accident as you, with my 13 year old son, we were both shocked at the people just standing around takin pictures and video and laughing, you could just see them poor people in the accident were in a really bad way,and they need medical help,it is so sad the way the world is going, them pictures and videos were probably posted all over the internet last night, i wonder if they new 2 people died from that crash..................... so sad

"What has the world come to"?

People have been gawking at accidents since the dawn of time. The only difference nowadays is that almost everyone has a camera.

Go back even to the 1950s and you had hundreds if not thousands of people gathering outside prisons when a hanging took place.

Lowlander Wrote:

> "What has the world come to"?

>

> People have been gawking at accidents since the

> dawn of time. The only difference nowadays is

> that almost everyone has a camera.

>

> Go back even to the 1950s and you had hundreds if

> not thousands of people gathering outside prisons

> when a hanging took place.

xxxxxx

Yes, agreed.

Unfortunately it's part of human nature.

Some/many people slow down to gawp at accidents on the motorway, if there's anything to see.

BrandNewGuy wrote yesterday in a parallel thread http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,926229,929446

> From Friday's South London Press:

> "A man and a woman were seriously injured after a collision between a car and a motorbike in

> Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, on Wednesday afternoon.

> Traffic was brought to a standstill after the crash, which left the bike trapped against a tree.

> The bike rider and passenger, both 23, were taken to King's Hospital in Denmark Hill.

> Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening..."

>

> So, not for the first time, gruesome hearsay on this forum is shown to be wrong. It would be good

> if we could just hear the facts, particularly as misinformation could easily lead to great distress

> for the family and friends of those involved. And saying, "Well, someone told me..." is no excuse.

> Social media has a lot to answer for...