Thresher's on Lordship Lane

Dali

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know how long this place has been closed for and what is happening to it next? I am looking for business premises on Lordship Lane and am wondering who to talk to regarding this shop. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Dali

No, there is no board there. I live locally and have checked a few times. There's a note in the window saying POP-UP shop-- here for 3 months, whatever that means.

Thanks v much anyway

Dali, don't worry, I didn't know what a Pop-up Shop was until about 8 months ago. That's when I bought a cardigan and jumper in the once Threshers wine shop on Lordship Lane. Basically I think it's somewhere someone can sell their goods for a few weeks/months.

Seems like this shop has gone to waste on Lordship Lane. Must be the ?39k!

Dali Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Who did you enquire with?

Dali, let's face facts.

If you don't have the wits to find out who lets these business premises (still under administration) then what hope do you have for running a successful business. It's a bit like the tattoo parlour/cinema threads on here.

Time wasters

I seem to remember that someone on this forum mentioned that this shop had some sort of restrictive covenant that it could only be an off-licence, or was it that the freeholder required this? Maybe also that they required the lessee to live above. I can't find this thread now though

the freeholder is or was a very elderly guy who lives miles away and who still insists on it being an offie and, what is more, with the manager living above. that is the very seriously glue like sticking point. many have been interested including guy sparkes the organic butcher who has the van on north cross road. little hope of this lovely piece of lordship retail space being occupied in the near future

• 2 years later...

davidh Wrote:

> the freeholder is or was a very elderly guy who

> lives miles away and who still insists on it being

> an offie and, what is more, with the manager

> living above. that is the very seriously glue like

> sticking point. many have been interested

> including guy sparkes the organic butcher who has

> the van on north cross road. little hope of this

> lovely piece of lordship retail space being

> occupied in the near future

One of the freeholders is a friend of my wife's parents. I'll see what I can find out, but I'm not sure its as simple as this.

rahrahrah Wrote:

> It would be interesting to know what's going on

> with this place. I'm always amazed that there are

> people who can afford to just leave retail

> property empty for years on end.

Unless you are Foxtons on LL. There's hardly anyone in that place whenever I walk past. There's another retail space that's crying out to be turned into a productive shop, restaurant, or... well... anything really. Anything except an estate agents.

Back to Threshers. It doesn't seem to have separate access to the flat without going through the shop, so it could only be let to someone wanting to run the shop and live above it. Alternatively the shop could be made narrower and a separate access made onto the street but this will be expensive and it doesn't seem as if the current owner is likely to have this done.

Edited to correct typing error!