Forest Hill Rd Surgery Appointments

I have phoned this morning and the first appointment I can get is 8.30 next Monday morning.

I am genuinely shocked. I wasn't expecting the luxury of a same day appointment or to see a specific doctor, just a harmless appointment about my hayfever prescription.

Six days??? Really??

Am I being silly or is that just ridiculous?

That's unusual in my experience. Been with them all my life, and I've never known it be like that.

Hope things aren't changing there. I've usually been able to get seen within a day or two, sometimes even with a specific doctor.

I have been with them 7 years and I think it's got progressively worse. You always used to be able to get a same day appointment, nowadays you can barely even get through on the phone to make one, the costly electronic check-in machine never works, the premium rate phone number is a scandal, leaving you to sit through minutes of recorded messages before you can speak to anyone, the rapid turnover of doctors is nuts and now a week to wait to see a doctor :(

Such a shame as it did used to be such a good practice.

Each surgery has to have a Patients Forum now. if you can not get to their meetings then at least put in a suggestion box for attention at said meeting your complaints, and ask for copies of minutes to see how they are addressed. My surgery is great and has morning AND afternoon telephone consultations and for repeat prescriptions they should not be necessary anyway unless it is time for a review.

Just so's you know!

It's a bit odd to be sure, because I phoned up this am looking for an appointment with the nurse practitioner (different from a doctor, I know) and was offered an appointment for late tomorrow afternoon. Maybe they have doctors out this week on holiday?

Also, the surgery picked up on the second ring (having gone through the voice answering machine, press 1 for appointments thing). I don't go to the surgery often, but my experiences with FH Practice is generally pretty good.

I don't think a wait of a few days is unusual for a routine appointment, but when I've needed to see a doctor urgently, and have explained the reason why to the receptionists, they have always managed to fit me in the same day. I've had a serious illness over the last few months, and everyone at the surgery has been really superb and the level of care I've had couldn't possibly be better.

Interesting feedback. Thanks for the insights... shan't be bothering moving if everywhere else is as bad if not worse!!

I do need a meds review which is why I can't get a repeat prescription and I can't buy it OTC it's prescription only.

Didn't think of the nurse practitioner, nor was she offered by the receptionist which is annoying as you are right Siduhe, there are probably appointments more readily available. Now I'm even more annoyed that they didn't propose this to me in the first place!!!

It still seems a long time to me!

i have a child that is ill alot, and ends up in hospital alot, ive waited up to 3 weeks before now, for a appointment with the doctors surgery on forest hill road, they really need to sort some thing out with there appointments.........

Monkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's really good compared to DMC where the

> nearest appointment available is usually three

> weeks away!

xxxxxxx

As I posted on another thread, I was offered an appointment with DMC the same week as I had had a telephone consultation.

Though I do note you said "usually" :)

It is all very random in my experience. Recently I received a letter asking me to phone as follow-up to blood tests. I did and was given an appointment for a telephone call with a doctor two days later. The doctor then asked "How can I help you?" so clearly had not looked at my records before phoning. Net result - make an appointment to come in. So two more calls on their premium number. I have also been told that Sainsbury's Pharmacy won't deal with them for repeat prescriptions due to difficulties with non-medical staff, but don't know whether this is true.