Any one see a car accidents on lordship lane today ?

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yet Another first time poster with a Calamatous

> story..

>

> Generating discussion..

>

> Then leaving without any further comment.

>

> ***Thread Closed*** ??

Fact ? or damright rude judgement that was completly wrong, so defiantly not fact.

tom_tom Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Yet Another first time poster with a

> Calamatous

> > story..

> >

> > Generating discussion..

> >

> > Then leaving without any further comment.

> >

> > ***Thread Closed*** ??

>

>

> Fact ? or damright rude judgement that was

> completly wrong, so defiantly not fact.

No... It was a first time post.. Fact

It was calamatous event... Fact

It generated discussion... Fact

And you had not replied... Fact

and I did previously just point out parking situation... Fact

Fox.

One of the reasons I hardly ever come on the EDF any more is because of the nit-picking, petty-minded posters who hijack so many ordinary people's threads.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for the insensitive, bullying, anally retentive comments that you seem to trot out on such a regular basis, especially in response to first-time or irregular posters.

tom_tom, you have my sympathies and take no notice of the arseholes on here who obviously have nothing more important in their lives than finding ways to be condescending about the minor mistakes, infractions and activities of other people.

I have sympathy for anyone (including tom_tom) who has had their car damaged like this

And I have sympathy for Lady D's argument about people nit picking

On the other hand we have tom_tom admitting " didnt know the rules off parking, didnt bother to check as i was in a rush" which I think warrants some criticism. If you haven't got the time to check parking restrictions, who is to say the person who did your car in wasn't genuinely remorseful but was also in a rush?

Fair play, called at possibly short notice to an unfamiliar branch, hop in the car and (undoubtedly safely within speed limit) arrive at new bank. But you would check with the locals when you got in there if it would be ok for the day wouldn't you?

Stratfer jack, the difference is if A ticket lands on my doorstep in a week I will pay and admit that i was wrong. Where as whoever has done the damage has driven off. Leaving me to sort it out.

Thanks to lady deliah and everyone else who have shown some normality and understanding. Jacob, e-dealer and jeremy

Strafer, does the issue of parking restrictions have any bearing at all on the damage to tom_tom's car?

And if you think it does, in what way?

I think it has sod all to do with his problem and you all used his post as an excuse to tut, bully and wag fingers which, in my opinion, is a very unattractive trait in any adult, friend or foe.

Edited to add: 'you all' refers to the arseholes mentioned in my initial post (before I get lynched!).

"Stratfer jack, the difference is if A ticket lands on my doorstep in a week I will pay and admit that i was wrong. Where as whoever has done the damage has driven off. Leaving me to sort it out."

I understand, I get it. But to play devils advocate here... It's clear you were in a hurry to get to an unfamiliar job. Out of curiosity, when you were rushing to that new branch, if you had brushed against another empty car parked somewhere in Forest Hill say, would you have had time to stop and provide details yourself?

Without a shadow of a doubt. Its a bit different to say to your boss you were in a a car accident then i was looking at a sign. Driving off was unfare and ive been in a situation where a car has driven off from a serious crash we were in his fault so i know how angering it is. if i was ever to cause an accident i would own up, wouldnt u ?

The two issues are completely unconnected, so why bring it up?

If you want to start a thread on people who breach parking restrictions, then do so.

This was about some normal person, new to the EDF having had his car ploughed into by a hit and run driver, requesting assistance.

If it was a regular poster (one of you), then I'm sure the outpouring of sympathy would have been vomit inducing.

tom_tom Just so as you know there was a major crash there today, road was closed from Barry road junction up to the docs surgery past cost cutter on Lordship Lane. If your car was hit during the crash I am sure the police will let you know. Apparently there was an air ambulance 2 people died and 2 seriously injured, so they are probably more concerned about that, sorry about your car by the way :( To those going on about parking, totally irrelevant!!!