Are the trains getting busier?

It seems to me that the trains into London Bridge in the mornings are getting ridiculously busy now - even the early ones are standing room only by the time they get to ED. Part of the problem seems to be that they're using old carriages with fewer seats on. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just getting grumpy in my old age and turning into Victor Meldrew?

Are the trains getting busier? Nah - it's just the new paintwork

bah dum tshhhhh

I've been using 40 and 63 buses since the new year and can't say I've seen it much busier - apart from the number of people who think it's fine to stand in the 2 square metres between the exit and the stairs

Can't comment on the trains sorry

The trains are definitely getting busier, the 7.51 is a total scrum. One day last week it was so full that no-one could move their arm enough to open the door at London Bridge and we had to wait until someone outside opened the door.

Fridays is bearable - just!

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> on the 8:45 to Blackfriars???? I'd be amazed if

> you could get a seat at that hour (even if you

> could in the past, yes yes I hear you)

You can and I normally do. Just not this morning.

You have to know which carriage to pick though.

I totally agree with the trains getting busier, also they seem to be breaking down a lot more recently (last night it took me 1 hour and 45 mins to get home and it usually takes me 45!). I have only lived in East Dulwich since September but have definately seen an increase in numbers on the trains. I am lucky as I get on the 8.41 and always manage to get a seat, but my Partner gets the 7.51 which sometimes he cannot even get on at ED as it is so busy!

The trains are getting busier. And the tube. And the buses. That's why the train fares recently went up by over the rate of inflation. Again. Explicitly to dissuade people from using the train due to over-capacity. And therefore to get them to use their cars. You really couldn't make it up (as they say).

I think they are all getting worse. I stopped using ED about a year ago and jump on a bus to Denmark Hill.

I do know that TfL is going through massive massive change and are looking to invest some serious money across London on all modes. They simply have to if they are to support the London Olympics. It's not just extension of east london line we always hear about but true investment in infrastructure across the board that TfL has been guilty of not doing for a very very long time.

So I'd say that whilst short term things will be quite bad, it will get better.

JCTG - the fares didn't go up to make people use their cars - why would profit orientated private train companies want to do that????? They went up because commuters have no choice - if you add in congestion charge and parking a cars still far far more expensive. Are you mad?