ED to London City Airport

do you mean "err" as in "to err" or as in the sound one makes when giving a second opinion aka "uhmm"

Maybe if you hadn't said "only one way"??

aaanyway - considering how close the airport is compared to the other two it can be a pain to get to - given the cost of flights etc etc and even tho the request is for public transport I would advise a mini cab - should be 12-15 quid which as part of the whole deal isn't too bad

Frisco Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I really never understand the 'err' compulsion when posting

it's when someone states something as fact e.g. "Only really one way at the moment.." and the following post, in a slightly jokey way is saying "err no, there is another way", rather like they were involved in a face to face conversation and taking the edge off an otherwise directly conflicting reply. I hope that helps to clear it up.

How much is a taxi to the airport?

Frisco Wrote:

> I really never understand the 'err' compulsion

> when posting,

Give it a go! It's one of those little things you can just chuck-in to help your postings read less like they've been auto-generated by a machine.

So.. this taxi..?

The missus usually got taxi when she was flying out of there every week. Camberwell cars quote about ?18 I seem to recall. Expect to pay nearer to 30 on your return in a black cab though.

Time depends on hour of the day. Leave at half 6am and you're there in a blink of an eye. Leave at half 8 and you could be well over an hour.

Mockney Piers - I've got a flight leaving City airport at 7.15am next Monday and will probably want to get there about 6.30. How long do you reckon it will take to get there by taxi?

(personally, I struggle to open my eyes at that time of the morning let alone blink them!)

SeanMacGabhann wrote: "Maybe if you hadn't said "only one way""

If I'm going to be quoted, then perhaps it could be done accurately. Cut and paste is your friend.

*Bob* wrote: "Give it a go! It's one of those little things you can just chuck-in to help your postings read less like they've been auto-generated by a machine."

Everyone on the EDF has their own style *Bob*, and it wouldn't do if everyone in ED displayed the same lame auto-generated sense of humour.

Frisco Wrote:

> Everyone on the EDF has their own style *Bob*, and

> it wouldn't do if everyone in ED displayed the

> same lame auto-generated sense of humour.

Affirmative, Frisco-9