dog hit by car near Peckham Rye

DadOf4

Really sad to read about what happened to Flo; cannot imagine how distressing that would have been for you. Heartwarming to hear about the immediate help and support you had and that they are on the way to recovery. Will also contact the local councilor about the gate.

Sorry to hear about the distress to dog and owner but it there a learning point here about keeping dogs under control? I am a cyclist and a dog running in the road could have caused serious injury if it had collided with a cyclist. My observation is dogs have NO sense re other moving things.

I totally agree that dogs should be under control, and in the street any responsible owner will keep their dog on a lead. The problem is that in a park, when off the lead, a dog can suddenly run off, if the temptation is strong enough (e.g. food - see my previous post), or if it is being chased or has been frightened by something. These things do happen, and while there are some dogs who have perfect recall, and will always come back on command in any situation, there are some who - occasionally - just will not. In a situation like this, a dog can suddenly run away from the middle of the park, where it had been playing safely, and out of an open gate into the road. I have seen it happen on more than one occasion. Dogs can run very fast, and there are times when an owner can do nothing to stop it. It is these situations where keeping the gate closed would minimise the risk to others - drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• When was that? I don't remember that place at all! The double fronted place, I mean. Sorry to hear about Dave. Kebab and Stab! The underbelly of East Dulwich in the back room in the early hours! (Once you got past the guy on the door). Don't remember punch ups in The Palmerston, just trouble in The Uplands Tavern (now The Actress). And whatever happened to the Moulin? Every so often someone on here says the place is going to reopen as something or other, but it never does. Black Cherry lasted longer than the Draft House (?) which replaced it, if memory serves. I agree it wasn't particularly memorable, but it did decent cocktails, and I think it had games (because I have a vague memory of knocking a newly bought cocktail over whilst playing one of the games. I think that might have been on the day of the cocktail crawl 😄) It was an odd space because it was on two levels, with the back part up a couple of stairs, until Franco Manca made it all one level.
    • I remembered what it was called - Black Cherry. It wasn't particularly memorable 😄   Oh my gosh, blast from the past indeed. Loved Springers. Such a lovely restaurant / bar. Was gutted when the owners moved on.
    • Waa your cat found? In case not, someone posted in the East Dulwich Forum Facebook group about a black kitten hanging out in their garden  https://www.facebook.com/share/p/4gbDJb8rFcknPfLz/
    • Now  found- thank you so much everyone!
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In