Loud group of annoying youths at night on Fellbrigg Road

Surely other people must have been kept awake by the group of loud, annoying, disrespectful group of youths on Fellbrigg Road. They come out about midnight most nights (weather dependant, they are fair weather irritants) They play loud music out on the street in front of their house, kick footballs around, or at nearby cars, tip cars on their sides (granted, we cant prove it was the above gang, but its pretty obvious) and generally sound like simpler versions of Beavis and Butthead. Either they are students, or mummy owns a house on the road they are squatting in, either way they are hugely annoying - and would be interested to know if its affecting anyone else's sleep on the road...... (please note, this may sound like an old person moaning about 'the youth of today' but we are in our late twenties, and like to party - just not in the street affecting everyone else's sleep night after night)

• 1 month later...
Did anyone hear the 4am extremely loud singing of 'feeling hot hot hot' by the above youths, who live at or near 15 fellbrigg road? It was ridiculous, top of the voice singing. Several p*ssed off people on the road shouted at them to shut up, which they eventually did about 4.50am

Unfortunately this stuff isn't uncommon. It's always happened, what has changed is that 30 / 40 years ago the local men would have all gone down and told them to stop it. Unfortunately that sense if duty and solidarity has gone from our communities. No one feels connected or safe. It's sad.

I live right opposite these guys - granted they are noisy but if you ask them calmly, they always quiten down. I think they get treated very unfairly; they're young & a little irresponsible but I've never had any personal experience of them being malicious, hurtful or particularly offensive to live very close to. (I find the car tipping over accusation to these guys very difficult to believe). Chatting to them fairly and with respect, if they are offending you seems to work - I've seen them respond positively to concerns expressed to them in person before.

Don't know who it was making that noise that night but it was ridiculously loud and went on for quite a while.. I heard at least one person on the street telling them to shut the **** up.. didn't sound like he was taking any notice mind you! I agree about having a word though.. maybe not on the night, but the next day when they've sobered up..