Old school post

EDmummy

Anyone heard about one of the local primary schools having a budgetary shortfall and having to lose some teaching assistants? Not sure if appropriate or fair to mention school by name but some may know which one I am talking about. Perhaps I should approach the Head directly!

On reflection I feel that my post may have been inappropriate. I am feeling guilty and a little irresponsible so I have asked The Administrator to lock this thread so that it can quietly be put to rest.

snorky Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> this is bad form people.unfounded tittle tattle

> could be very damaging to someones education

Actually your right - I dont need to know that much. If need be I'll do my own investigating, keeping the findings to myself of course.

At the end of the day, don't all the schools face the same budgetary restrictions or cuts?? So if there is a budget problem facing one school, surely other schools in the area are?

Another thought - the salary of one TA is probably the same as the yearly tuition at a private school. Think what would happen if all the people who paid to send their kid to a private school put their money into the local schools instead.

off the top of my head, some of the reasons why different schools would have different budget issues

premises (different states of repair)

mix of children (if one school "succeeds" in attracting better students then another school will have a potentially more volatile mix - temperament, aptitude - of students)

salary levels