Internet in Altima Court

dannybr

Apologies that this will only be relevant to a small number of people on here.

Is anyone else living in Altima Court finding that their internet connection is very slow and keeps dropping out? After changing providers, modems etc I'm beginning to think its either a problem the whole building shares. The irony, of course, is that the very people who maybe able to offer some insight might not be able to read this because their internet...

Any feedback would be useful.

Thanks

Danny

on big tip - this hit the snorky houshold over the festive season - if you have sky / sky +, then disconnect from the phone line when you dont need their interactive stuff - out normal 4-6MB connection was reduced to 0.6 when we had teh sky+ installed and connected - I dont know what they do, but as soon as we unplugged it, the system jumped back

anyway, its good practice to keep the tentacles of Murdochs information ghatehring minions at arms length - so disconnet it anyway.

There is a clause in the sky t's and c's which means you are supposed to keep it connected to the phone line for 12 months after connection. I used to hear mine dialling home in the middle of the night when I lived in a "studio flat".

Snorky, if you're having problems like that I would check your ADSL filters. The Sky box itself is unlikely to be causing the issue, but the filters are.

I am in Altima. My broadband too can be very slow, but this seems to be more to do with the time of day and demand than anything else. We could be on the end of the line from the BT box.

There are at least 6 wireless networks currently showing on my system, their poling causes the lights on my (beautifully beige) router to flicker manically. There are often more than 6 being shown.