food at the EDT

lofty

do you mean upstairs? I ate there the week before christmas and it was ok. Not brilliant but ok. I had ricotta and artichoke as a starter (couldn't taste the artichoke) and for a main pumpkin and cheese ravioli - I love pasta but this was drenched in oil and fresh raw garlic. But I would go again - there was a pork dish and my friend had it and it tasted great (i nicked some). So a bit hit and miss really. The wine was great though!

I'd agree with that. I've been four times. Three were good - definitely want to go back again good, but as Mockers says not necessarily impressing visitors good. One occasion was bad, but not terrible. Just enough to make me wonder, when taken along with all the other slightly lukewarm reports I've read on here, whether I'd be better off going elsewhere.

I'd like to try it again for myself, but when I'm already paying 30-odd quid for a babysitter just to be out at all, I'm a little reluctant to gamble on maybe hitting them on one of their off nights.

Consistency has been problem, but in the last year or so I would say that the new management take a keen interest in feedback on the food. They really seem to want to get it right and have been very impressive in they way they have dealt with feedback.. so give it a go if you aren't happy I would say

Last time I ate there was a couple of Saturdays ago - had the lunchtime lasagne which was spot on