Forum may go down tonight at 21:00 for essential work

• Administrator

Hi

We are upgrading the forum's server, in fact we are moving it to a new one with shiny new hardware, 100Mbs connection (instead of 10Mbs) and double the RAM. There was a red light on the box that said "About to break, take action!" so it had to be done as soon as possible.

So to move it over to the new server we are going to take it down tonight at 21:00 and bring it back up when we can (these timings may change). Ideally this will be the next morning (Thursday) however if things go wrong it maybe longer. Also to throw a spanner in the works I'm going away on Friday lunchtime until Monday morning, so should anything go wrong with the server move and it's not resolved by 12:00 Friday expect a forum free weekend. Hopefully this will not happen but I thought I'd warn you just in case.

(Edited because I put the wrong day on there. Thanks for pointing it out Dean. Drew.)

Good luck admin.

No doubt on Monday there will be at least one thread saying "what the Hell happened to the forum, it's well out of order, admin (whoever the hell that is) should have had the decency to come to my house and inform me personally!!!".