Parking permits in general residential roads - apologies if already done.

Hi

Without wanting to trawl through all the various pages of the thread relating to the station area parking permit debate but can anyone advise if there is another debate about parking permits in general?

I live at the top end of landcroft road and often find that I can't park nearby and have to park on either Thompson road or crystal palace road which pushes the problem onto their streets. I wouldn't usually complain as I too use other streets for parking when I am doing shopping etc but always at quiet times of the day when there is plenty of space and I admit that i would probably find it an inconvenience if I couldnt park in them.

But that said, i am so frustrated that I would be interested to her whether anything has been said about this before? I have a baby and so if I park in the other streets I either have to leave her unnattended in the flat or in the car whilst I take the shopping in and out and as she's mobile it isn't ideal as she's rarely safe in the flat and I wouldn't consider leaving her alone in the car. Lots of people in this road seem to have two cars which is obviously fine but some of them never seem to be moved. We also get people going to sainsburys local and all sorts of scaffolding trucks, vans and cars from people going to the plough cafe. I'm just getting a bit fed up by it so I think all things considered I woud quite like a permit here if it meant I could park a bit loser to my house.

That's all, sure a backlash of some sort will follow but rant over!