Dulwich Festival

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Great day, great people, great weather :)

>

> :)-D

>

> ETA: Thanks to Angela Burgess for organising it

> all so brilliantly xxx

Here Here!

I noticed the plonkers with a speaker on their truck were out irritating everyone yesterday at the fair. Did they not realise there was a proper LIVE music performence on. And do they also not realise that there are already enough idiots with their car windows open trying to prove their manhood with an over loud stereo system driving around?

I heard something on the Radio last night from Goose Green. Fairly sure it was 5 Live.

They were interviewing people about whether they agreed with Hague's comments that businesses should stop moaning and there were 2 or 3 people given short sound bites...

I was half listening so could be wrong.

So glad so many of your enjoyed the event. Definitely the biggest and best yet. A big thank you to everyone for coming along and supporting the event.

Big thanks to Sue and Nygel from The Goose it Out! for organising the music. Thanks to my volunteer helpers - Pat, Em, Sarah and Philipa. Lee from Edt and Dan from The Great Exhibition (plus the poor security guards who stayed out all Saturday night to look after the casks!). To Jason and his team from the SGI-UK organisation for volunteering to be stewards. The guys from Ray Linge who get up at a ridiculous hour to arrive on site by 6am to put up all the market stalls. To Briony and her donkeys for keeping the children happy with donkey rides.

Massive thanks to our sponsors: The Clipper and The Little Clipper, Daisylets, Glazer Delmar, Pickwick Estates, Push Studios, SE Magazines and The Vale Practice - the event couldn't happen without her support.

To all the stallholders who booked and supported the event. Already had so many lovely comments.

Miranda at Southwark Council for supporting the event. To the rest of the Dulwich Festival organisers who still have events to do - I can put my feet up now and enjoy them!

The last thank you is to however managed to get one of the best days weather-wise this year!!

Thanks Donna 2371 and the-e-dealer. Forgot to thank Helen Jermyn for doing the photos and Ben Baldwin from We Are Chuffed for the video. Will post a link to both when they are ready.

John Pienaar was interviewing people for his radio programme. Not sure who the young lady was.

Here Here!!!!

Cedges Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Great day, great people, great weather :)

> >

> > :)-D

> >

> > ETA: Thanks to Angela Burgess for organising it

> > all so brilliantly xxx

>

>

> Here Here!

It was bigger and better than ever this year - great job everybody involved!

We took our kids and they had a great time with the bouncy castles, rides etc. However, we saw a couple annoying instances that could easily have been avoided IMHO.

Face painting - the stall had a long queue as it was a popular activity, but I saw a couple of people queue for ages, to get to their turn to be told that their kids were not old enough to have their faces painted. You see it was for 3 yrs and over. I have no issue with the age restriction at all, but why not put a sign up telling people before they waste half an hour queueing with their little ones? It's so simple and avoids upset!

Donkeys - again a very popular activity. Massive queue towards the end of the day and at about 4pm-ish, they just take the donkeys away leaving a queue of sobbing disappointed children. No pre-warning of "OK folks we only have time for x amount of rides before we have to pack up", they just up and left leaving parents trying to console their kids.

Please take this as constructive criticism not moaning as WE actually had a GREAT TIME as did most people. This kind of detail just annoys me!

Dear Calculus

Thanks for the constructive feedback. There is always something I can learn and put right for the next one. I booked the face painters and was not aware of the age restriction. I shall make sure there is a sign up for next year. Also I will book an extra one if I know the weather is going to be good.

Likewise with the donkeys, I will try and see if can get someone to help and give an indication to people of if they will get a ride or not.

The event is licensed until 4pm, so it is sometimes a bit of a problem when the event is so busy (really the busiest one yet) and I have to ask people to start packing up.

We had two bars this year and they both sold out! I just don't think any of us expected the weather to be so good after such a long horrible spell. Clearly everyone in the area was desperate to get out.

So I shall take the comments on board and do my best to make it better again next year.

Thanks

Angela