is it illegal to save parking spaces?

Basically it is WRONG & very selfish to leave bins outside to reserve a space, I live in a road where sometimes I have to park away from my property & so do my neighbors theirs, but I accept the fact thats life in London.

I wouldn't dream of putting bins out to reserve a space, I would be quite frankly embarrassed & cringe at what fellow neighbors would think of me.

If you live on a public road you have absolutely no more right then anyone else to your own private space.

You can either apply to build a drive or move to a property with private parking.

I think its pretty arrogant to think you have more rights then others wether you have kids or not.

I can see why people with young children are frustrated but at the end of the day if you live on a public street why should you be have special treatment then anyone else...I bet their are other people on Streetgirl's road who have children who don't behave the same way, ( i'd be suprised in ED if there isn't ) also if someone is running a garage repair service on your street, or selling cars, then that is illegal and you can report them by the way.

*has a cup of tea and a sit down*

"So straferjack, you have children, but are agreeing with giggirl?

It's clear she doesn't have children (lifestyle choice).

Why did she have to bring up about being disabled in a very nonchalant way though in a post about parking?"

Yes I do have children and "mostly" I agree with giggirl. I don't want to put words in her mouth but when she mentions disabled children, she is questioning why sweetgirl (who makes SOME valid points as well btw) is hyperbolic about "worst of all I have kids!!" and "MILES from my house"

a) any money she never has to park MILES from her house

b) she brought kids into the debate when it's besides the point. If the kids in question are disabled then assitance in parking near a house should be provided but if they are fully fit then why can't they walk to their own front door

Wanting to park outside your front door is fine - thinking you have a right to is something different, regardless of wether you have kids or not

Jeremy has the right answer, I think. I've moved bins in the past (in a rather shifty manner).

If giggirl's mechanic is using the road as part of his business, that's illegal and the Council will/should/might put a stop to it. We had the same problem, he killed a tree by pouring oil into its base

Lynne

Perhaps a hyperbolical response to demonstrate how mammothly irritating the action of using bins/items to ?save? a car parking space that it not yours has on others.

And to get a few chuckles.

Lighten up people.

But I must stress I am not a fan of using children to justify your illegal actions either. Does the future of humanity rest on the shoulders of Sweet Girl?s children to get to the front door in less than 5 seconds flat?

I think not. So I don?t care. In fact, if you have children you should be setting a good example and teaching morals and manners, not encouraging disregard of the law through example. Remember the rioters who got 12 months in jail for nicking a packet of chewing gum last year? This could be your little Felix or Jemima by the time they hit their teens if this palaver carries on.

By the way, I don?t have a car or any children (thank the Lord). And I have absolutely no need for any type of parking space whatsoever.

With any luck that will wind a few more people up and keep me from doing the work I should actually be concentrating on in the office.

Its not illegal to have an opinion remember.

Though it probably is to swing a person and a bin off Beachy Head 

StraferJack - many thanks for correcting me! Although I must say, apart from that one time at band camp, I've never fingered a girl in my life.

The-E-Dealer ? how did you work out I am the Lord, my child?