Dulwich leisure centre - annoyed!

I wouldn't bother with the classes- I just walked out on one after a grown woman came in late and claimed I had taken her spot- this was on top of the fact that I booked on the basis of thinking the class was a circuits class only to barely hear a comment from the instructor that 'circuits no longer exist'......so just be aware there is now a system at Dulwich where you have to urinate on equipment to mark your spot and take a chance on what class you'll actually end up in....all on top of the fact that the classes are clickier than anything I've seen in a while- spend your time in a more positive welcoming environment or learn to urinate in public

I use this leisure centre alot and I'm sorry you had this experience. I think they follow their schedule.. possibly you had an old time chart. I can't imagine why the instructor would let anyone claim a spot. I've never expereinced anything like that and I guess I'd just laugh at them and their pomposity. What happens sometimes is a person puts a mat down and sets up a space and then goes out for whatever reason. Could it have been that this person was returning to a mat previously laid out? In any event, I can pick bones with the best of them but in this instance I think you should double check that you have the right schedule and then book your class and stand your ground. I might very well be there and if I hear such silliness I'll back you up.

mmmmm Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you don't like the service then don't pay for

> it. Maybe if loads of people complained and

> stopped paying the overpriced memberships the

> leisure centre might sort themselves out. Maybe.

You're right, maybe we should stop going there, unfortunately a few people quitting membership probably isn't going to make a difference. I went to sign my son up for swimming lessons on Monday and stood in queue for 3 hours! It was so disorganised.