Urgent Sewer Works on Melbourne Grove

Just a heads-up to let residents know that Thames Water will be implementing urgent works to clear the sewers on Melbourne Grove from Lordship Lane to East Dulwich Grove beginning at 6pm until approx 10pm tonight (01/05/12). They're starting on the Lordship Lane end first and it's possible that the works could take up to three nights, depending on how it goes.

The sewers and overflow are badly silted, which could cause flooding with all this rain, so the problem was caught in the nick of time.

The lorries are astonishing large and the work will be disruptive, but it needs to be done and the contractors are trying their best to keep the inconvenience to a minimum.

As I live on Melbourne Grove, I've offered to be a central contact so call me on 020 8613 6046 if there are any issues that need addressing. I met the crew last night... they are really lovely and respond well to tea!

I suppose we could try to make the best of it and hold a spontaneous May Day Sewer Celebration??

Cllr Robin Crookshank Hilton

Member for Village Ward

Phone: 020 8613 6046

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Surely that would be celebrating sewer-side?

*Groan* I suppose I should have seen that coming! Where are the Suburban Pirates when you need them??

Anyway, the lorries are parked up on Colwell Road and the sun is shining... I think I'll go out there and expand my skill set by learning about sewer-hoovering.