Getting to Heathrow (or Paddington) early morning

Next Tuesday I need to catch an early morning flight (6.55am) from Heathrow and I need to get there by 5.45am. I suppose the best way would be a minicab straight to the airport, but I also noticed that the Heathrow Express from Paddington starts at 5am so could get me there on time. Any easy way to get to Paddington at that time tough?

Thanks

I work at Paddington and the train and tube take about 1hr 15 mins so then add walk at station and express (half an hr I think) - would definitely say a taxi! Try Linkway Cars 8299 4444 - you can usually barter them down a bit on price

Which terminal? Heathrow Express starts an 0510 and takes 15 mins to T1-3 and longer to T4 and 5 so would get you to T1-3 for 0525 or T4 / T5 for roughly 0535.

Is about ?18 each way so you may find it's cheaper just to get a cab the whole way! Worth getting a quote.

Otherwise you're looking at getting a few buses (176 to Trafalger Sq then 23 to Paddington? Would take a fair while!)

Dovetailing somewhat with the Addison Lee thread... never get a black cab from Heathrow to ED if you are paying for it yourself. I got one about five years ago (fortunately with a friend who was on expenses) and it was just short of ?100!! I shudder to think what it would cost nowadays.

Thanks

all very useful replies - it is a day-business trip but unfortunately on this particular job we do not get expenses paid. I was trying to save a few pennies but in this case it sounds like the most sensible option is a taxi.

I've taken early flights before and usually bus in the morning is actually very quick because roads are normally pretty empty- 436 goes straight there doesnt it from camberwell. shouldnt take more than half and hour from there I would think, but it depends where your travelling from and if you don't mind takng public transport.

I used to live in East Dulwich, now live 10 mins away from heathrow in West Drayton.

I have a spare couple of rooms and would be willing to put you up before and after flights, feel free to PM me

roblay Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just on that, anybody recommend a hotel near

> Heathrow (T4) where you can get a room for that

> kind of price? I have an early flight too.

In T4 check out the Yotel since it's actually in the terminal and you can book it by the hour (so midnight to 5am) if that's all you need. I think I paid around ?55 in early November. Surprisingly comfortable for a cabin bed - it's a little like a first class sleeper compartment on the train but with better bedlinen, a TV, much quieter and a brilliant shower.

• 6 months later...

When it comes to getting to Heathrow, I'm from the "Think how much time it'll actually take, then double it" school of thought. You always risk hitting a snarl-up of some kind on that route. I'd rather be sat at the other end with a coffee, than en-route wondering if we'll get there. And sometimes, cabbies turn up late.

I'd say closer to hour and a half. But 60+ mins if you're wanting to cut it fine.