Best place to go swimming - ideas?

I would pop in and have a look - they let me have a look around. You can either pay per swim or join as a member. I pay ?40 per month for the gym and pool. The pool is a community pool so has lots of different users in times slots and they police this strictly. If you look at the Fusion website you can download the timetable.

ED Fusion

I used to swim at Crystal Palace; nice 50 meter pool. I haven't been in ages, is it still open?

I've tried the East Dulwich Baths but the pool is too short (less then the standard 25 meters) and if it gets crowded you can't get a proper work out.

And don't get me started on trying to swim around the slow people in the fast lane, uggggg!

AllforNun Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When crystal palace re-opens in hopefully June -

> it's the best without a doubt - there is nothing

> like ripping up 50metres and feeling your heart

> and lungs nearly catch fire !

Give Tooting Lido a go. 90m of unheated pool to really get the heart racing. Admittedly I wear a wetsuit....

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The ED centre was closed for repairs (part of the

> roof blew off) but is to have c?2million spent on

> it. The plans look very good and can be seen just

> outside the entrance to the gym.

>

> Dont know if it will mean a complete closure

> though.

From what I've heard it is meant to be closing completely some time in the Spring for 6-10 months - if anyone is interested there are lots of plans in the foyer. I am a bit worried that it might be a lot longer - apparently a pool in Hackney has just opened - it was planned to open for the Millenium!

JAGS pool most excellent - it is filled with children and families during sat and sunday days...evenings are great for adults. Anyone can join, but, there is usually a waiting list for membership as it is v. popular...The fees include use of gym, classes, tennis, etc. There is a discound available if you have a child at JAGs but it is marginal.