Witness appeal website launched

Hi all,

My partner was attacked by a man in Peckham Rye park in October last year. It was very disturbing for him and he hasn't felt the same since, experiencing high anxiety and very concerned about walking around the park by himself (which was a daily activity for him).

He (and I) are determined to make sure the perpetrator pays for this. My partner called the Police on his attacker (who had escaped), but the police failed to conduct interviews around the caf?/play area where lots of people would have seen the incident.

My partner had to track down witnesses himself (going to the caf? the next day to get phone numbers etc), only for the police to then not to follow up on calling witnesses he himself brought forward. This eventually led to my partner contacting the independent office for police conduct, with full details of what had happened. They have now closed their investigation, but no charges have been brought against the aggressor due to a lack of witnesses.

So with my encouragement, he's created a website which is linked below. We are hoping the good people of EDF will take a look and even share the website - there is a picture of a lady who is a potential witness to the crime.

https://www.peckhamryeattackwitnessappeal.com/

Thanks for reading,

CE

Hi Rosetta,

There was, but that was earlier and my partner didn't believe there was any witnesses to that - it was near the skate park/outside gym area of the park. The police were called because he was attacked by a man (who was partner to the dog owner) a few minutes later in the open park, by rugby fields.

I agree admin take this down .....

should you really be putting pictures up of a woman on an open site without their knowledge? I?m sorry your partner got attacked but you really need to try and move on ... the longer you drag it on the longer your healing process

Hi Rose,

I'm not sure that's fair. She was not the object of the photo, just someone who got in the way of a photo my partner was taking of the assailant. We have edited and cropped the photo so she is now the foreground.

There's no suggestion she has done anything wrong, but my partner believes this person is 'superbly' well placed to provide a witness statement and simply must have seen what happened that day.

Is this the one about the guy who got barked at by a dog on Peckham Rye and then followed the woman walking said dog taking pictures. She called her partner and when he tried to talk to the guy, he ran off and called the police. There was a long thread about this but I can't find it.